Bizeljsko Castle, Bizeljska vas
Bizeljsko Castle offers one of the typically beautiful views of the region along the Sotla River. The structure, which is believed to have its roots in the Romanesque period, was first explicitly mentioned in historical sources in 1404. Among the owners we can highlight the Tattenbach family, and after 1858 the princes of Windischgrätz, who owned it until nationalization after the end of World War II. Like most castles in Slovenia, this one was built gradually, and its current appearance is the result of numerous alterations and extensions. Today’s appearance with two towers and an inner arcaded courtyard is typical for Renaissance architecture.