Church of St. John the Baptist, Podsreda
In Podsreda, a vicariate is first mentioned in the 15th century, and in 1765 it became a parish. The old Church of St. John the Baptist burned down, leaving only a rib vaulted presbytery, which was turned into a morgue and used until 1871. A new church was built in the 19th century. The interior is Late Baroque. The paintings on the high altar were made in 1865. Above the altar hangs a painting, which is the work of the famous Franc Michael Strauss from the 18th century, depicting the baptism in the Jordan River. The side altars from the 19th century are of the tabernacle type. The Baroque organ was made in 1822 by the Maribor master woodworker Jožef Otonič.