Church of the Holy Mother of God, Sevnica - Šmarje
The Church of the Holy Mother of God is supposed to have been built by the monastic order of Carthusians from Jurklošter. The church was first mentioned in 1448 in the land register of the Archdiocese of Salzburg. There used to be a cemetery around the church. The walled Gothic windows on the north-east and south-east sides of the Presbytery suggest the church's origins to be Medieval. In 1881, the high altar was renovated and a new statue of the Mother of God was erected. The church has three Baroque altars. The high altar dates from the first half of the 18th century. Both side altars with quality oil paintings date from the first half of the 18th century. The left altar is dedicated to St. Ursula and St. Apollonia, while the one on the right is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul.