St. Lawrence's Church, Bizeljsko

Kraj: Bizeljsko
Škofija: Celje
Župnija: Bizeljsko
Občina: Brežice
Koordinate: lon = 15° 41' 49'' E lat = 46° 0' 55'' N
Nadmorska višina: 201,3 m

The parish church of St. Lawrence stands on a hill called Hribček (little hill) above the central village of Bizeljsko. Five more branch churches lie on the surrounding hills. Along the paths, there are also many crosses and chapels that mark the pilgrimage routes to the nearby Svete gore. Today's parish church was originally a branch of the parish of St. Michael in Pilštanj and from 1394 the parish of St. Peter below Svete gore. In 1254 and again in 1364 it was incorporated into the monastery of Gornji Grad. 

(Source: http://www.bizeljsko.si/zupnija-na-bizeljskem/)