St. Mary's Church, Svete gore

Kraj: Svete gore
Škofija: Celje
Župnija: Sv. Peter pod Svetimi gorami
Občina: Bistrica ob Sotli
Koordinate: lon = 15° 39' 39'' E lat = 46° 2' 42'' N
Nadmorska višina: 521 m

Mary's Church had to stand at least in the 13th century, because otherwise the hill would not be called the hill of St. Mary or the hill of Our Lady (near Kunšperk).Major construction work took place on the hill in the 17th century and afterwards the enlarged church was consecrated in 1611 by the Bishop of Ljubljana, Tomaž Hren. This church had a lower, flat-roofed nave, a smaller presbytery, and a ground-floor sacristy. The bell tower was added to it at the same time or a little later, but in the first half of the 17th century. 

(Source: http://www.svetegore.si/cerkve/mati-bozja.html)