St. Nicholas Church, Polje ob Sotli
The exactly oriented church lies in the middle of the village of Polje ob Sotli.It consists of a massive bell tower, a rectangular nave with lower three-sided chapels, an equally high and wide three-sided presbytery and on its northern side a sacristy connected to the chapel under the same roof. The entire interior is decorated with the works of neo-Gothic painter A. Pavlič from 1900. Master Pavlič from Buče also made all three neo-Gothic altars. The pulpit is a Baroque work by the woodworker Anton Mersi from Rogatec from 1795. The organ is neo-Gothic and the benches were made in the late Baroque tradition in 1877, as the year on the front bench states.