The ruins of Kunšperk Castle, Kunšperk
Kunšperk Castle (German: Königsberg - "King's Hill") is a castle of which the mighty ruins still stand on a rock ledge above the Kunšperk town square in the Municipality of Bistrica ob Sotli. Kunšperk Castle was built at the beginning of the 12th century. Until 1456, the castle was owned by the Counts of Celje, then it was managed by the bishops of Krško, and later by provincial caretakers and tenants.In connection with this castle, several legends have been preserved, including the one about the Kunšperk knight Kuno who attacked Cesargrad with and armed mob, killed the Knights Templar, and burned down the castle. After his unfortunate death after the capture of the castle, his people also burned down Kunšperk Castle.